1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

baby chick pics.

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by domromer, Jun 12, 2008.

1. domromer

domromer Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2007
    Flagstaff,AZ
    I'm supposed to be working at home today....watching the chickens in the backyard is so much more fun!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. RioLindoAz

RioLindoAz Sleeping

Jul 8, 2007
    Yuma, Arizona
    haha, thats cute. That first pic makes me think of football, when all the payers huddle up. The momma's the coach and and the chicks are the players.

The hen is really pretty what breeed is she? [​IMG]

3. domromer

May 11, 2007
    Flagstaff,AZ
    She's a speckled Sussex.

4. JimnJanet

JimnJanet Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 29, 2008
    S.W Pa.
    I got a mom with 5 2 week olds and i jist can't tear myself away form them each day. What's even more fun than watching them is listening to them. They respond immediately to each and every word mom speaks to 'em. Side note: after mom hatched 5 out of her 12 eggs, she left tow pipped ones in the nest, two days later i took the chicks out of the eggs and kept them in the brooder for 1 week. When i gave them back to mom outside the "jumped right in" with both feet like they were with her from day one.

5. domromer

May 11, 2007
    Flagstaff,AZ
    Quote:You're right, the talking they do is amazing. I've heard so many new sounds from my hen. I love the sound she makes when she finds a nice tidbit of food. All the chicks come tearing over from what ever their doing to see what she has found.

That's cool that you raised the last chicks in the brooder. We had six eggs and only 5 hatched. I thew out the last egg on day 27.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by