Baby chick prices for 2013 went up

I can understand why! The price of feed has escalated at least that much or more everywhere. We at our farm will have to make increases on eggs and chickens, chicks, etc will have to make increases, in fact we already should have. But per normal, I'm a little behind on our paper work! Have a blessed day.

I think where there are more "commercial type" incubators and brooders, there is not as much hands on turning, caring for eggs, and constant monitoring and adjustment of incubators at least not as much person to egg time - say as the backyard or hobby farmer, so that would make them less expensive per chick - maybe???? Maybe another variable is that some breeders buy the eggs to hatch and sell the babies and don't have the expense of raising up the chick and feeding it for months and months before it will lay an egg, building coops, etc etc.
smile.png
We cannot from our farm offer the same prices as those offered by bigger breeders. We can however offer the small farm experience to those that buy baby chicks from us. And happily there is room enough for small farms, small breeders, medium and large, cause I love to hatch babies of all kinds of poultry....
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom