Baby chick sexing info

Iluveggers

Crossing the Road
Jun 27, 2021
NYS
Does anyone have individual pics of their chickens at 1day/2days old, and know positively what gender they are now? I think it would be cool to see a variety of newborn chicks, what breed they are, and what gender! Might make guessing on a straight run pickup a little more at our odds lol.

Please post individual pictures of newborn (less than a week old chicks) only if you are POSITIVE of their gender (because they are older now), along with the breed. I also think this will help many of us learn what different breeds look like as newborns.

Thank you in advance for participating!

One of the chick breeds I am getting are Barred Rock, & I thought they are mainly sexable based on coloring, & I know there are other breeds as well. I was hoping to see some that people picked up & have a variety to look at. This wouldn’t work?

One of the chick breeds I am getting are Barred Rock, & I thought they are mainly sexable based on coloring, & I know there are other breeds as well. I was hoping to see some that people picked up & have a variety to look at. This wouldn’t work?
Heritage barred are sexeable this way based upon the head spot, but hatchery ones are not.
Coloring wise, again its best to wait till they have feathers.

Back
Top Bottom