baby chick stepped on

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by pietru, Jul 13, 2011.

1. pietru

pietru Out Of The Brooder

Jul 12, 2011
    HI
    I have a chick as a pet, none of us noticed that he managed to leave it's house & acidentally someone stepped on his foot with one of the computer chair wheels. He's bruised quite badly & took him to the vet today and he said he'll be fine if I left him alone. Two days passed today after the accident, 2 'toes' are fine already but I have noticed a tiny green patch between the others. Is this part of the bruising or is it something really bad?
    He was back in business again today running about & loud even though on one foot. His poo is normal (bit smelly but normal texture) as well, and he's eating & drinking normally too.

Can anyone help me with this please?

2. lieselanne

lieselanne Out Of The Brooder

Jul 12, 2011
    is the patch the same size/texture as the rest of the foot? if so, it is probably bruising. just keep an eye on it to make sure it clears up.

is it raised somewhat, warmer than the rest of the foot, or with maybe a "squishier" texture? if so, it could be an infection.

3. pietru

pietru Out Of The Brooder

Jul 12, 2011
    as I can remeber it's just the colouring that it's different. nothing else is different, texture, size & smell still the same as the rest of the foot even though it is bruised & swollen due to the injury. the doc said it's nothing seriour but don't thing he noticed this patch, anyway it's so tiny it's unnoticable!!

Can anyone explaine what is gangrene as I've heard this word a lot around here and don't know what is it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by