Baby Chick that acts like it's trying to crow with no sound

shbouton

Songster
5 Years
Mar 22, 2015
Have 5 week and a half old chicks and just noticed that one of them is throwing his head back and and acting as if he is crowing but there is no sound. Should I be concerned? I have not noticed that behavior until just now...

It's funny I have noticed similar behavior with a couple of my 1.5 week chicks also. Being a newbie I thought maybe they were yawning but never thought of crowing. now it's got me thinking maybe there's rooster or two in there. Yikes!

They're probably just swallowing a little down. I would have trouble swallowing feathers myself ! As long as they are eating and drinking as they should, they are ok.
smile.png

Thanks everyone. Your comments both delight and calm me!!! He hasn't done it again...
wink.png

Thank goodness for this website!!! lol

It's funny I have noticed similar behavior with a couple of my 1.5 week chicks also. Being a newbie I thought maybe they were yawning but never thought of crowing. now it's got me thinking maybe there's rooster or two in there. Yikes!
lol

They're probably just swallowing a little down. I would have trouble swallowing feathers myself ! As long as they are eating and drinking as they should, they are ok.
smile.png
lol...I bet that's exactly what it was. He/She hasn't done it again. Next thing on my worry list... Being blonde, I automatically thought I was getting five hens, what if I got five roosters!!! lol

Back
Top Bottom