Baby chick with chronic pasty butt

itstartedwith2

Chirping
Feb 23, 2015
Bancroft NE
I recently got baby chicks all looked really healthy 4 had pasty butt. After cleaning and drying them it went away except one. I clean her up everyday. I have tried vit. Water and I have watched her poo and it isn't runny. So wondering do I just wait it out or take it up a notch? If so what would be the next step?

You can add a teaspoon of ACV (Organic Apple Cider Vinegar) to 1 qt. of water for them. The ACV is good for them and will help with pasty butt. Keep their vent clean as dried poo can prevent the chick from being able to go.

Most pasting up problems go away within a week to 10 days after hatch. Hatchery chicks that get shipped in the mail are more prone to this, probabvly due to being a little dehydrated or having too hot a brooder temperature. Rubbing the vent area with warm soapy water under a faucet, taking carenot to get the chick wet works well. Make sure that it is drinking well.

I monitor her a lot and she is a great eater and drinking great. I bought some of the apple cider so hopefully that works
fl.gif
She is really active so that makes my nervous go down thank you so much for your help!

Back
Top Bottom