baby chick with leg problem

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Danny81577, Jan 28, 2009.

1. Danny81577

Danny81577 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 10, 2008
    Fredericksburg,VA
    I have a baby silkie that is mixed with a standard chicken hatch yesterday the problem it is having is it will not stand up it just lays on its belly with one foot under it and the other foot sticks stait back so all it can do is scoot around please tell me there is hope for this poor little chick. Oh yeah it has been like this since it hatched

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Spraddle leg - use the search function above - there is a ton of information about that on this site, and you should have her standing up in a day or two!!!!

3. Chicken tractor

Chicken tractor New Egg

Jan 19, 2012
    I have a baby chick who's three days old and couldn't walk on it's own and was laying on it's face scooting all over the place. We didn't know what to do, we read a bunch of different options and finally decided to take the little thing to the vet. The vet said the chick will be ok as long as we tape it's legs togather and seperated it from the other little chicks. Just need to check the peep every couple days to see if it's legs are still spraddled. I don't know if this helps out in any way or not. I am not exactly sure how to show how it's taped, my husband took peep in and he still has show me how to tape them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by