baby chick with messed up feet

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Paintedhorsegirl, May 5, 2011.

1. Paintedhorsegirl

Paintedhorsegirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2011
    I got 5 new chicks about a week ago. I had ordered them through my pet chicken, i will never do that again. I had more but they died. This little chick has really messed up feet, Ive never seen anything like it. Im not sure what to do. She/he seems to get around ok and is eating and growing but I wish i could help with the feet. Any advice is welcomed, thank you.
    [​IMG]

2. CMV

CMV Flock Mistress

Apr 15, 2009
  3. sadies chicks

sadies chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2011
    Northwest
    Quote:Wow that is a great site, thanks for the link CMV! [​IMG]

4. CMV

CMV Flock Mistress

Apr 15, 2009
    Quote:Wow that is a great site, thanks for the link CMV! [​IMG]

I know! I love that one, too. Very useful to keep on hand.

5. Paintedhorsegirl

Mar 23, 2011
    Thanx for the link, much appreciated

6. gavinandallison

gavinandallison Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 25, 2010
    Matthews, NC.
    Have you spoken with mypetchicken? I would, they should replace your losses.....

7. Paintedhorsegirl

Mar 23, 2011
    Quote:I did speak with them, they refunded me for the couple that died..which is good but now it stinks this little chick has such messed up feet [​IMG]

8. Miyashi

Miyashi Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2011
    Gaylord, MI
    I have two black sexlinks that have crooked toes. Poe has one crooked toe, Lenore has two.
    They do fine.
    Chick booties would probably be very helpful for this one.
    Poe and Lenore are from my first group of babies ever...so I had no idea what I was doing. They are big beautiful girls though...so I guess it's a-okay!
    Sorry about your losses. I'm afraid to order chicks by mail....
    Hope this little one makes a full recovery!

9. CMV

CMV Flock Mistress

Apr 15, 2009
    Quote:I would ask for a refund on this bird, too. This problem is a hatch defect that was probably clearly apparent prior to shipping the chick to you. I would send the exact same photos you posted here to MyPetChicken and ask for some compensation for the defective chick. Yes, it's a defect that can be fixed with time and effort, but that's not the point. The point is they shouldn't be shipping out defective and sickly birds.

Good luck.

10. Paintedhorsegirl

Mar 23, 2011
    Quote:I would ask for a refund on this bird, too. This problem is a hatch defect that was probably clearly apparent prior to shipping the chick to you. I would send the exact same photos you posted here to MyPetChicken and ask for some compensation for the defective chick. Yes, it's a defect that can be fixed with time and effort, but that's not the point. The point is they shouldn't be shipping out defective and sickly birds.

Good luck.

Thanx, maybe I will email them a pic..

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by