Baby Chick with Wry Neck...

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by raylayvay, Mar 20, 2015.

1. raylayvay

raylayvay New Egg

Mar 20, 2015
    Hello! I adopted a baby chick from our embryogy project at school. He's only 2 days out of the incubator, which he spent two days in trying t hatch. 'm pretty sure that it has wry/crooked neck; neck was drooping, almost 360 degree turn after hatch; it has since gained some control over its neck and can eat/drink on its own! I bought Durvet Vitamins and Electrolyte powder (no iron!) to try. I just want to make sure I'm doing the most I can! I also don't want to hurt him or something in case it's not wry neck. And advice, specific instructions to help?

2. ChickensAreSweet

ChickensAreSweet Heavenly Grains for Hens

Last edited: Mar 20, 2015
  3. raylayvay

raylayvay New Egg

Mar 20, 2015
    Thank you very much! I will get some Poly vi sol and try two drops twice a day? Maybe some scrambled egg too, I saw on that same post later down. It was encouraging to see that chick recover!

4. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vitamin B and Vitamin E are often the cause of wry neck in young chicks. I'm betting the vitamin supplement will have both in it and you should start to see improvement after starting that!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by