Baby Chick won't eat. What should I do?

CaramelKittey

Crowing
Feb 15, 2019
New Jersey
Hi all! I came home from Tractor Supply a few hours ago with--you guessed it-- new baby chicks. I got two Ameraucana pullets, and two bantams. We are unsure of the breeds but I believe one is a Dutch Bantam. I am unsure of the other bantam's breed. I just felt the crops of all the chicks and all were full except the one bantam whose breed we don't know. All I could feel was her keel bone, but it was obvious she hasn't eaten. The last time I saw her go to the bathroom was after she got home from tractor supply with us. I haven't seen her eat, drink or go to the bathroom since. Should I try to give her raw egg white, scrambled eggs, or hard-boiled eggs? She has been peeping nonstop and won't stop peeping unless I put her super close to our heat lamp.
Thanks all!

Hey there, New chicks are soo exciting!

Its hard to get day olds eating sometimes but usualy after a day they eat like crazy 🤔

What is the temp in your brooder? Are any of the others showing sighns of chilling?

My silkies i just hatched would not even try to feed in the dish, even when i held them up to it a dozen times. I ended up sprinkling it on the bottom of the brooder and that got them scratching and eating

Goodluck! :)

Thanks! I’m not sure the temperature but they aren’t too cold. They aren’t constantly huddling but they aren’t trying to run away from each other either. The bantam who isn’t eating won’t go near the others, but sits in the direct light of the heat lamp and chirps.
Thank you. :)

Back
Top Bottom