1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Baby Chicks -- 2 weeks -- Salmon Faverolle sexing

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by meredithfp, Apr 11, 2016.

1. meredithfp

meredithfp Out Of The Brooder

May 22, 2011
    Here are my adorable little chicks -- 2 weeks old today.

[​IMG]

That's a Cinnamon Queen in front, EE on the right, Delaware in back and Salmon Faverolle with its head out of the shot. Of course I'm dying to know the sex of all of them (the feed store said 85% pullets) but I know it's early. The only one I'm a little worried is a roo is the Cinnamon Queen.

Though it's early, I have heard that you can sex Salmon Faverolles early due to color. I also found an old post that mentioned wing length as a good determiner. Here's a better shot of my SF. Any guesses?

[​IMG]

2. keesmom

keesmom Overrun With Chickens

Jul 28, 2008
    MA
    There are a few subtle things you can look at to determine Faverolles gender - wing color, leg feather color, overall color pattern, and so on. You have a pullet.

3. Clio320i

Clio320i Out Of The Brooder

Apr 11, 2016
    Portland, Ore
    My Coop
    Cinnamon Queen is a sex link breed/cross, so that's the one with the least chance of being a roo (right?). I have one too, 14 days old today, looks very much like yours. Here she is:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by