Baby chicks and Coccidiosis

Hows your chick looking today?
She seems much better and perky. I ended the treatment this morning. I am wondering if I need to give her vitamins now thou... clover.jpg

What a cutie:)

Glad to hear she is doing better. If your electrolytes are something like Sav-A-Chick Electrolyte and Vitamin mix, then yes, you can give her that.

There are several brands of poultry vitamins - Poultry Nutri-Drench and Rooster Booster Poultry Cell are 2 that are generally found at feed stores like Tractor Supply. Either are good to give for a couple of days to replenish after being ill.

51RyDG1KQCL._AC_UL320_SR240,320_.jpg

What a cutie:)

Glad to hear she is doing better. If your electrolytes are something like Sav-A-Chick Electrolyte and Vitamin mix, then yes, you can give her that.

There are several brands of poultry vitamins - Poultry Nutri-Drench and Rooster Booster Poultry Cell are 2 that are generally found at feed stores like Tractor Supply. Either are good to give for a couple of days to replenish after being ill.

51RyDG1KQCL._AC_UL320_SR240,320_.jpg
Ok great thank u so much :) yeah she is my tiny one, a legbar. so glad she is feeling so much better. i will get the vitamins. i think i read somewhere that i will have to dose w/ Corid again in a few weeks...do u know of this? Thank u again

Some people do follow up with a "preventative dose" for another 5-7days. You can do this if you choose.

The preventative dose for Corid Powder is 1/3 teaspoon per gallon and the preventative dose for Corid liquid is 1/2 teaspoon per gallon.

Note-I am underlining preventative so there is no confusion for people who may read this in the future as to what this particular dosage is for.

Some people do follow up with a "preventative dose" for another 5-7days. You can do this if you choose.

The preventative dose for Corid Powder is 1/3 teaspoon per gallon and the preventative dose for Corid liquid is 1/2 teaspoon per gallon.

Note-I am underlining preventative so there is no confusion for people who may read this in the future as to what this particular dosage is for.
Great. Thank u so much for your help :)

Back
Top Bottom