baby chicks and rainny weather

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by minifarmgurl1, May 1, 2009.

1. minifarmgurl1

minifarmgurl1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2009
    indiana
    My baby chicks are about 7 weeks old.....should i let them go out into the rain?...they have shelter out there to get ino...yesterday it rained all day and i had turned them out early that morning i went out several times to check on them and they were lively and seemed happy but they stayed in the shelter...camed out just to get a drink..i even put their food in there so it wouldnt get wet and they could eat..

2. annanicole18

annanicole18 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 16, 2009
    USA
    mine are about that same age all feathered out and were out yesterday in the rain. Currently they are happily "dust bathing" in the mud. they will be fine if they have shelter to run into if the downpour gets too bad

3. KattyKillFish

KattyKillFish Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2009
    Dillingham, Alaska
    couldn't have said it better myself!

4. minifarmgurl1

Apr 24, 2009
    indiana
    Good! I was a little worried that i shouldnt be letting them out! They have a big space to run in! some dirt and some grass. its funny to see one get a worm and the rest of em chase the poor chick with the worm...all she wants to do is eat it..but she just has to keep running around!! so funny..i love em! I need to go out today and take some pics of them with my camara so i can share them on here! they are very pretty...i have 14 golden comet pulletts!! My dog "Cosmo" is very good with them he trys to help me round em up..haha i dont have a door cut out yet for them so i have to transport them every evening to their little pen...and cosmo will watch me chase them and catch em then he follows the stragglers!!

5. spotman47

spotman47 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 27, 2009
    palmyra wi
    good thing on the shelter, rain cold and possibly wet id'd still keep a eye on them, they seem happy but the temp and the dampness could slow em down pretty good.

6. minifarmgurl1

Apr 24, 2009
    indiana
    ok thanks! you all are great!

7. bakinghomesteader

bakinghomesteader Out Of The Brooder

Mar 13, 2009
    central Illinois
    Is it ok to let them out when it's 60 and rainy. It's been rainy here FOREVER it seems and I don't like to keep them "cooped" up. Oh they are a little over 7 weeks

8. minifarmgurl1

Apr 24, 2009
    indiana
    yah but they are doing great!! i run out all the time and check on em..

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by