Baby chicks are 2 days early????

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by amyrains, Jul 6, 2010.

1. amyrains

amyrains In the Brooder

May 23, 2010
    camden
    My chicks are starting to hatch 2 days sooner than i thought...is this normal or did i do somthing to cause this? the one that is completly out seems fine but the other one is just laying there, its still breathing but not moving about at all...should i do something to help her.....or just sit by and eat all my nails off watching and waiting?

2. amyrains

amyrains In the Brooder

May 23, 2010
    camden
    this is so hard to just sit by and watch...the little one is still just laying there and not moving...will the others that hatch this soon be the same way? i sure hope not cause i dont think i can take it![​IMG]

3. tobin123

tobin123 Songster

Mar 4, 2009
    fountaintown,indiana
    just sit back and watch.sometimes temps to high can cause early hatches

4. wolftracks

wolftracks Spam Hunter

Nov 6, 2009
    Modesto
    I get day 19 hatches to day 25!

If it made it out of the shell it's probably strong enough to make it. It's exhausting work to get out of those shells.

Don't panick, just leave them alone and they should be fine. Hard not to want to help though I know.

Good luck on the hatch!

Last edited: Jul 6, 2010
  5. nuts4chickens

nuts4chickens Songster

Sep 19, 2009
    Kingston, GA
    What breed are they? Bantams will often hatch a little earlier as well as some smaller lightweight breeds.

6. Kedreeva

Kedreeva Longfeather Lane

Jun 10, 2010
    Michigan
    Also if your temps were a little high, you may get early hatches. Sit and watch [​IMG] They will be ok.

7. amyrains

amyrains In the Brooder

May 23, 2010
    camden
    they are welsummer JG mixes along with welsummer buff mixes...she is still just laying there....but still breathing so thats a good sign i guess.

8. gamechickens

gamechickens Chirping

Jul 6, 2010
    i am going with high temp.

9. gamechickens

gamechickens Chirping

Jul 6, 2010
    if she is out of the egg and breathing she is going to be good. they always take a few to recover. sometimes alot!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by