Baby Chicks from murray, and tractor supply.

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Martyt76, Mar 2, 2013.

1. Martyt76

Martyt76 New Egg

Sep 19, 2012
    I have 16 baby white orp's, and one silver laced wyandotte (I think) from Murray-Mcmurray, 2 reds, 2 whites, and 2 cornish rocks from TSC. They are all about 1 week old, I lost 3 from murray but they sent me 4 extral so it worked out, except it's so sad losing them. This is my first foray in my adult life into raising chickens but I moved into a house with 2 nice big coops so it was a no brainer. I also have 2 turkes (one eastern wild tom and one BB white hen). These are a few of the orps and what i believe to be a silver laced wyandotte. Am I right on that?
    [​IMG]

2. [​IMG]

Looks like you jumped in head first. Way to go. Not sure on the Wyandotte.

3. kentuckygirl1

kentuckygirl1 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 17, 2013
    Irvine, Kentucky
    wow! I went wed and bought 10 from tractor supply and I have 18 in the bator, plus my grown hens out in the coop , sounds like we have both went chick nuts! I love raising them from babies and also incubating my own, it is so hard to not go buy them when you know they are in now at TSC !! I really want to go get more, trying to wait because of the 18 in the bator that will start hatchin around the 14th. if just half hatch out ok, thats 19 to get through the rest of the winter in the house with us in kentucky! lol.. with 2 cats and 5 dogs! [​IMG]

4. jerseyrooster

jerseyrooster Out Of The Brooder

Mar 26, 2012
    I have that same "rare exotic" from mm..i was wondering what it was

5. AlienChick

AlienChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2010
    Glasgow, KY
    Yeah, I know what you mean.
    I just hatched about 20 baby chicks last week.
    Today I moved them outside to the garden shed.
    They've got their EcoGlow brooder as well as a heat lamp in the shed to keep the water from freezing.
    I'm getting ready to fill up my incubator again.
    I'm hatching out my large barnyard mixes because we want a good supply of meat and eggs this year.
    I also put my Silkie eggs in the 'bator.
    I love this time of year! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by