Baby chicks hatched today the old fashioned way.

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Honey_Silvas, Apr 21, 2012.

1. Honey_Silvas

Honey_Silvas Out Of The Brooder

Aug 10, 2011
    Kyle, TX
    [​IMG]

I had 5 baby chicks hatch today! At least 2 of them were fathered by my NN rooster Pablo who died suddenly. You can tell that the black chick and the white chick on the bottom are both NN chicks. One of the eggs was a green egg from my black Easter Egger hen. The other eggs were small eggs from my Duccle's and possibly one from the medium size hen who set on the eggs. It looks like the other 3 chicks have feathered feet. I am so excited! I can't wait to see what they look like! I had not planned on having chicks, but when my big rooster died at the same time my hen went broody and the eggs most likely belonged to him, I let her keep the eggs. 5 out of 8 hatched.

2. Scooter&Suzie

Scooter&Suzie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 23, 2011
    Pennsylvania
    Awww! They are soooooo cute! Congrats [​IMG]

3. CorinneP

CorinneP Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2012
    Up State New York
    Great Chicks Congrats They are adorable !!

4. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    [​IMG]

5. Mommy 2 Wee Ones

Mommy 2 Wee Ones Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2011
    North Texas
    I Love Mother Nature!
    Congrats on your hatch!
    I too had chicks hatch last week, 4 out of 5, 3 with feathered feet (Light Brahma Bio Mama/GLW Daddy) & 1 EE Bio Mama/GLW Daddy
    Broody Mama BO.
    My 3 look like your light colored one, their wings are coming in dark.

[​IMG]

6. Honey_Silvas

Honey_Silvas Out Of The Brooder

Aug 10, 2011
    Kyle, TX
    They are so cute! I love seeing them with their moms, starting to scratch and her showing them what to eat. I am trying to make friends with the mom by feeding her special treats. I want her to let me be near the little chicks so they'll be friendly when they grow up.

7. CorinneP

CorinneP Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2012
    Up State New York
    As Long as we are showing off our Good momma's ; )
    [​IMG]

She Hatched Three of these and I inserted a 4th for her to adopt for m ;) I Had to run out in a bit of Rain just to join in on this Brag Fest : ) It is the sweetest !!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by