Baby Chicks Insides Are Falling Out!!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by salva7, Jun 15, 2009.

1. salva7

salva7 Hatching

Jun 15, 2009
    We are trying to hatch eggs but the first couple of chicks that have come out have had there insides coming out of where the umbilical cord is attached. We researched it and its from to much moisture in the incubater, but we couldnt find a cure for it. its so sad because they are getting skinnier and skinnier because all of their insides are now on the outside [​IMG] please help!!!!!

2. Year of the Rooster

Year of the Rooster Sebright Savvy

Jun 27, 2008
    West Central Ohio
    They could have also hatched to early. Did you help them out of the eggs or did they hatch themselves? By now it would be too late to help them. If their intestines have already fallen out then there is no way to put them back in. I'm sorry for this, especially since you are a beginner [​IMG]

3. The Chicken People

The Chicken People Songster

May 4, 2009
    Smithville, Mo
    I am so sorry to hear about this!

4. cheraboo

cheraboo Songster

Aug 24, 2008
    Michigan
    [​IMG]
    Aww man! That sucks ... How high was your humidity in the bator?

5. salva7

salva7 Hatching

Jun 15, 2009
    so i just have to wait for them to die?! i actually just wrapped one of them in gauze so i hope the insides just suck back in or something. thank you all for replying [​IMG] but some are just so pitiful i feel like i should put them out of their misery but i dont know how...

6. halo

halo Got The Blues

Nov 22, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Are you sure its just not some of the yolk sac that hasnt absorbed yet?

7. sojeo

sojeo Songster

May 4, 2009
    Scotsburn
    Please post a pic, it's hard to know if it's intestines or just a bit of unabsorbed yolk.

8. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD

You aren't trying to help them out of shells right? If they made it out of the shells on their own, you may be seeing a cord and the waste material dangling. If Anything leaking was yellow, that may have been the yolk sac. Pictures would help.

9. chickbea

chickbea Songster

Jan 18, 2007
    Vermont
    Can you try to get an up-close picture?
    I'm very sorry you are having these troubles.

10. salva7

salva7 Hatching

Jun 15, 2009
    i cant figure out how to post pictures but the stuff thats coming out is pink and red and it looks like worms. i think i should kill them because they are really suffering [​IMG] any ideas? everything seems either cruel or too messy

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: