Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by chickenmom2074, Feb 9, 2017.
Cute chicks, and congratulations on your new little flock.
Honestly they could be so many things. Did you order bantams? Or brown layers? Or mixed with possible surprises (such as games thrown in)?
Did the hatchery send an ID chart? Or can you go to the hatchery website, look up the package that you ordered, and see what breed choices they offered? Then go to http://www.feathersite.com/Poultry/BRKBabyChicks.html and take a look at those breeds in your package for chick id
I can't see the feet or combs on all of them, and that helps with identity.
1. If rosecomb (I think) likely Wyandotte
2. Likely Barred Rock, but could be Cuckoo Marans, or something else barred.
3. Could be so many breeds....Brown Leghorn, Welsummer, Speckled Sussex (if beige legs), or even a lot of games
4. Not sure...need a better angle...is that a muff on it or just head tip...might be an EE if green legs, although if that is a white dot on the head and no muff, could be a Blue Marans if grey legs, but again the head dot. I doubt a hatchery would have a Blue Cuckoo Marans...that's more breeder quality.
5. Could be a Black Sexlink pullet, or an Australorp either gender.
6. Again, so many breeds have chipmunks...what kind of comb? If single, could be similar to #3
Good luck with your id's. Right now, there are simply too many possibilities...even narrowing down the hatchery and the package type (layers vs. bantams vs. ornamental) would help a lot.
EDITED: left out a chick
much too early - we aren't clairvoyant
I'm no help at guessing breeds. I just wanted to comment on how cute your new babies are
Good luck with them
I think I have figured out most of them. Some of them are out of 60 breeds and some are all females. Not sure who's who now! but my the one I can't even start to narrow down is number 1. I'll post new pictures if them
Looks like it's got a beard. EE.