Baby chicks outside being chicks

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by newchknmama, Mar 31, 2011.

1. newchknmama

newchknmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2011
    Middleton ID
    I loved it.. it was so warm today I took the babies out and for the first time they were acting like chickens.. I mean they stood so upright and proud, were scratching, eating little things on the ground just loving it.. then my Lucy came over and perched up on my arm. It was so sweet, i felt like I finally belonged as their mama. They are a week and a half today. The little polish will be a week old tomorrow, she is so funny and has a wonderful personality and fearless.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. stonykill

stonykill Overrun With Chickens

Sep 16, 2010
    Canaan Ny
    cute! My Sumatra chicks are a week old today. We are getting a foot of snow tomorrow, so they won't be venturing out too soon. I'm amazed at chicks. They scratch and kick their food, they try to take dust baths, they are establishing a pecking order, they fly a foot or so, and today they even started perching a little. All at one week old! So much fun!

3. Noymira

Noymira Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2011
    Chittenden County, VT
    newchknmama- So cute! I can't wait to get our chicks!

Stonykill- I read your statement before I saw your signature and thought you must be in the northeast! Our chicks aren't coming until the end of April, now I know why our local feed store waits so long! I really want to be working on my coop, we still have 5' snow banks, we do not need another foot of snow!

4. stonykill

stonykill Overrun With Chickens

Sep 16, 2010
    Canaan Ny
    so true, we don't need snow. I was hoping it would just rain...but it just started snowing. Ohh, the RIR's won't be happy tomorrow. They hate the snow.

5. noodleroo

noodleroo Snuggles with Chickens

Apr 29, 2010
    Rockport, Tx
    So adorable!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by