Baby chicks (pic overload)

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by sara, May 14, 2008.

1. sara

sara Title Needed Here

Well the crazy lady that is constantly taking pictures of chickens (oh wait thats me [​IMG]) was at it again..

Some LF black and lavender chicks.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Last weeks hatches:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Apparently someone that shouldn't have, had his way with one of my poor little lavenders before they were moved to their new coop since one of these babies is not like the others
    [​IMG]

And yesterdays hatch: Can anyone tell me if I finally hatched a buff orp pullet? [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 14, 2008
  2. CathyB

CathyB Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2008
    PA
    They are so cute! I want them all! I love the little lavender ones, they are so adorable! I want some of those too! I need more chicks!!!

3. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    Aww, they are so cute. I can't help ya on the pullet id yet, but in a few weeks, you'll know. [​IMG] Hope they are all pullets for ya.

Jody

4. Lanissa86

Lanissa86 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2008
    San Antonio, TX
    On your last weeks hatch what are the black and yellow ones? I just bought some of those at the feed store and they told me they were Barred rock pullets! But I am thinking they look like Australorps! Your babies are all SO CUTE! [​IMG]

5. sara

sara Title Needed Here

Thank you all. I'm please with them so far. [​IMG]

Quote:My blacks are Ameraucanas. If you got your black and white chicks at a feed store it's likely that they are barred rock chicks.

6. buckbeak

buckbeak Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2007
    Morgantown, PA
    So cute Sara! Nice birds! I love the lavendar ones!

Say, those Welsummers you sold me last fall have become parents of some beautiful little 10 day old mutts- the patterns on the wings are awesome! The three hens are laying the most beautiful dark eggs! Do you still have one of those?

7. Shaffer

Shaffer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 2, 2008
    Tamaqua, NE Pa
    Sara,
    Thanks for the preview. Can't wait to see the Lavenders full grown. Your birds look great. Harry

8. sara

sara Title Needed Here

So cute Sara! Nice birds! I love the lavendar ones!

Say, those Welsummers you sold me last fall have become parents of some beautiful little 10 day old mutts- the patterns on the wings are awesome! The three hens are laying the most beautiful dark eggs! Do you still have one of those?

I have one hen, layin a pretty dark egg. Hopefully someday soon I can get eggs and hatch a couple more. I like the dark eggs.

Sara,
    Thanks for the preview. Can't wait to see the Lavenders full grown. Your birds look great. Harry

Thanks Harry, I can't wait to see them grown either!​

9. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    Oh they are so cute...those lavenders are gorgeous! [​IMG]

10. sweetshoplady

sweetshoplady Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2008
    Venice, Florida
    Beautiful babies!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by