Baby chicks sick

am7039

Songster
May 26, 2021
So I had posted that currently several of my baby chicks are sneezing, wheezing, and very congested sounding. There is no other symptoms such as nasal discharge. I currently giving them vitamins and electrolytes in their water. I'm wondering if maybe it is a dust issue with their pine bedding so I am just looking for some suggestions on what would work well for bedding.

So I had posted that currently several of my baby chicks are sneezing, wheezing, and very congested sounding. There is no other symptoms such as nasal discharge. I currently giving them vitamins and electrolytes in their water. I'm wondering if maybe it is a dust issue with their pine bedding so I am just looking for some suggestions on what would work well for bedding.
I've never had a problem using pine shavings for bedding.
Can you take a short video of the coughing/wheezing/congested sounds from the chicks in their brooder, upload the video to YouTube or Vimeo and past the link here?

Can you take a short video of the coughing/wheezing/congested sounds from the chicks in their brooder, upload the video to YouTube or Vimeo and past the link here?
Sure!
Sure I will get a video first thing in the morning and post it. I've felt with infectious bronchitis is chicks before and while the current ones sound similar, there is not gasping, nasal or eye discharge or any that act lethargic. I think I'm just looking and hoping for some other cause because I do not want to go through infectious bronchitis again.

Back
Top Bottom