Baby Chicks Will Travel...New Brooder Built Today in Anticipation..

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by fireguy56, Sep 1, 2011.

1. fireguy56

fireguy56 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 2, 2010
    Slidell, Louisiana
    Hi, Sooooo...Have big coop and run with 30 girls and boys. Wife comes home with 2 Silkie chicks she picked up on way home, knowing that we have 7 "Top Hats" on way from McMurrary on 12th......Soooooo, I needed to act fast. Got storm in Gulf, rain coming down already, but pushed ahead. Built a new brooder today in my shop for the new arrivals. By the way, out hearts go out to all that had a loss from Hurricane Irene. We are is S.E. Louisiana and we feel your pain, hang in there.....Our prayers are with you.
    Here are a few pics of what I built today. A few additions coming tomorrow, but pretty much ready for the girls. Hope ya'll like. Also, ck. out our coop page to see what we did down South as new Chicken " Hooked A** Newbies To All This Crziness That Is BYC'ers".
    Erik

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It is 3' x 5' and 20" high. Light enough to move where we want....top is hinged as well as door to open and fill feeders and waterers. Will be on legs with a heat lamp, waterers, feeders, thermometer, pine shavings, etc..... Hope ya'll like my design. Thanks to all on site for good ideas I stole to build this. Will post pic's once all done and babies inside.
    Erik

2. 10 point

10 point country boy

Feb 19, 2011
    LaFayette, NY
    [​IMG] looks so good you wan a build me one and send it up north.

3. fireguy56

fireguy56 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 2, 2010
    Slidell, Louisiana
    Hey, Got Firemen buddies in Big Apple, next time we visit them in 2012, will be glad to help ya out. Keep in touch.
    Erik

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by