Baby chicks with scaly feet missing nails

PNWchkns

Chirping
Aug 18, 2019
hello!
I’m a new chick mom and I have some baby silver deathlayers. They will be two weeks tomorrow and seem to be thriving finally. They were shipped to me from out of state.
I check their vents daily at least once if not twice as i suspect a few died from that. One still has his vent get a little blocked up. Any tips on after two weeks still doing this?

Now my question is - I have one who’s half the size of the other 3. I don’t know if I can give him anything or help him somehow grow?
All of them seem to be missing a nail/piece of toe or two. Not sure if those will or won’t grow back and one has a toe that’s kind of curled it seems?
I noticed on one his underside of his foot seems to be cracking or dry?

They all get chick starter I have scratch and peck, one water dish has ACV and the other multi vitamin probiotic stuffs, they get minced size strawberry or watermelon sometimes (they’ve only had watermelon twice and strawberry once) and today I broke up some mealworms for them. I give them chick grit as well.

Anything I’m missing?

Thank you!!

hello!
I’m a new chick mom and I have some baby silver deathlayers. They will be two weeks tomorrow and seem to be thriving finally. They were shipped to me from out of state.
I check their vents daily at least once if not twice as i suspect a few died from that. One still has his vent get a little blocked up. Any tips on after two weeks still doing this?

Now my question is - I have one who’s half the size of the other 3. I don’t know if I can give him anything or help him somehow grow?
All of them seem to be missing a nail/piece of toe or two. Not sure if those will or won’t grow back and one has a toe that’s kind of curled it seems?
I noticed on one his underside of his foot seems to be cracking or dry?

They all get chick starter I have scratch and peck, one water dish has ACV and the other multi vitamin probiotic stuffs, they get minced size strawberry or watermelon sometimes (they’ve only had watermelon twice and strawberry once) and today I broke up some mealworms for them. I give them chick grit as well.

Anything I’m missing?

Thank you!!
Can you post some pics, please?

In the one pic with his toes it looks like the fibers from the bedding have wrapped his toes. With gentle cleaning it came off but it looks like the skin is dry/cracked?

And in the black and white pic you can see the size difference of my littlest.

Attachments

• C3192870-6617-4D84-B814-DECEAE020142.jpeg
    C3192870-6617-4D84-B814-DECEAE020142.jpeg
    346 KB · Views: 16
  • D8A8B90F-71FA-4141-B923-79024A29F9D7.png
    D8A8B90F-71FA-4141-B923-79024A29F9D7.png
    744.2 KB · Views: 15
In the one pic with his toes it looks like the fibers from the bedding have wrapped his toes. With gentle cleaning it came off but it looks like the skin is dry/cracked?

And in the black and white pic you can see the size difference of my littlest.
I see claws, so no missing nails as far as I can tell. Do you have a close up picture of the tops and bottoms of their feet after cleaning them?

Back
Top Bottom