Baby chicks

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by tennwildhorse, Sep 5, 2014.

1. tennwildhorse

tennwildhorse New Egg

Sep 5, 2014
    I have tried several times with baby Chick's UT they all seem to die. I am using corid but I am also giving them a medicated powder and I am using the medicated feed. He long should I use the meditated water for the Chick's any suggestions are great appreciate cause I don't want to continue loosing my babies

2. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. ..... Premium Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    Hi and welcome.
    A little more information would help in finding the possible causes of the problems you are having and the things you can do differently to avoid those problems.
    When your previous chicks have died, what symptoms were they showing, when did they start to show these symptoms, how long between symptoms showing and death, how were you keeping them, etc? What is the medicated powder you are using? Where did you get your chicks from?

3. tennwildhorse

tennwildhorse New Egg

Sep 5, 2014
    I was asking how long should a chick be on the medicated water I think I am over medicating them I am just really not sure

4. tennwildhorse

tennwildhorse New Egg

Sep 5, 2014
    We was keeping them in a plastic tote but we have since made boxes for them with a heat light. There was no signs they where fine one day came home and 4 of 8 was dead

5. tennwildhorse

tennwildhorse New Egg

Sep 5, 2014
    We hatched our own eggs from a incubator. I will have to wait till I get home to look for the powders name but I know it starts with a dy something really not sure

6. tennwildhorse

tennwildhorse New Egg

Sep 5, 2014
    We didn't have a broody hen so we hatch the eggs from our chickens

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by