1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Baby chicks

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by sdm1908, Jan 22, 2015.

1. sdm1908

sdm1908 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2014
    Florida, USA
    Okay I have 2 3 month old bantems. One is a boy so I have to give him up. I'm worried that the girl won't fit in with my big girls ( I have 2 full grown laying hens.)
    Should I get another chick after I give away the roo?

2. cityfarmer12

cityfarmer12 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2014
    Missouri
    what breed are they?

with only 2, you should be fine...most of the problems come when you have a big flock and not many banties...she might like another companion if you wanted to give her one, but i would say its most likely not totally necessary.

3. cafarmgirl

cafarmgirl Overrun With Chickens

Integrating a single new bird into a small flock is always difficult, they just fixate on that one new bird. It's always easier adding several new birds then just one. You have the added disadvantage here of the single new bird also being much smaller. I have gotten to the point that I will not add single newbies to the flock, I only add them in groups because it's just too much stress for the birds and headaches for me. If you have any way of getting a couple more bantams so you can integrate them all at the same time it will be easier.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by