baby closeup

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by donaltman3, Apr 9, 2017.

1. donaltman3

donaltman3 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 29, 2017
    Valdosta, GA
    This is one out of my four with the other three looking almost identical to each other this little one stands out. He has some down on his legs which the others do not. It also has a blackish grey tint (althought very light) and has a "mask" arounds its eyes. I know I'm not supposed to have favs but its super cute. Hope it turns out to be a hen. Just showing off some pictures in my excitment. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. donaltman3

Mar 29, 2017
    Valdosta, GA
    I feel it is probably too early to have a clue on type or sex but any guesses so far?

3. zephyricle

zephyricle Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2017
    California
    Yeah a bit too early to say :|
    But for future references and such when they get older, where'd you get them? Do you know if they are mixed?

4. donaltman3

Mar 29, 2017
    Valdosta, GA
    They wre gotten from a friend that has multiple types of chickens and hens. 3 siblings are completly yellow with smooth orange feet. He thinks some are pure breed red nova-gen from his main group of chickens but he has a splash marran rooster some black marran females. He also told me that he had atleast one or two that came from light blue eggs in the group I got. He had about 7 chicks new hatchlings and I just got 4 random ones.

5. donaltman3

Mar 29, 2017
    Valdosta, GA
    [​IMG]. A little over a week later and the three others are growing quicker. But all are happy and healthy.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by