baby Cochin roo.... age they start breeding?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by CrazyWestTexasFarmGirl, May 26, 2010.

1. CrazyWestTexasFarmGirl

CrazyWestTexasFarmGirl Out Of The Brooder

Apr 10, 2010
    West Texas
    Ok... usually I am all about... when are they going to lay eggs....
    now the tide has changed.... I want cochins... I want them baaaad...
    I have two hens that this is their first spring laying, they are March 09 hatchers.
    I have a pullet from this years hatches( early march) and a little roo.... the little roo is now crowing... has earned himself the name Squeakers.... with his little eee...EEEEE...Eeeeee crow.
    Now I am depseratly wanting to hatch cochins of my own and am wondering WHEN this little roo will most likely be mature enough to breed. He's already calling the girls to food and got the little rooster dance(hilarious since hes only about the size of a softball.....) [​IMG] When do they usually start to BREED the hens?

I want more cochins baaaaaadd...... I can hatch out a zillion silkies and EE's and mixes and not fill the void in my life of not having a gazillion little fluffballs.... I neeeed FLUFF!! I want mottled and calicos really bad but until I can afford to order some I am stuck hatching my own.... need fluff...... [​IMG]

2. pwand

pwand Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 10, 2007
    BC Canada
    I would say if he is doing his dance and crowing, he probably will start breeding really soon.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by