Baby Cochin With Webbed Toes (PICS) Help With Colors Please?

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Break an Egg, Jun 13, 2008.

1. Break an Egg

Break an Egg Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2008
    San Antonio
    It looks like there is just a very thin membrane between the toes and I don't think I should bother it, except that the middle toe is bent around and stuck to the other. She walks just fine though. Sorry about the pics, it's really hard to capture. Should I break the skin and band-aid the toes? Should I just leave well enough alone?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The webbing is on both feet.
    [​IMG]
    This is the little one with the webbed toes. My husband wants to call her twinkle toes.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Can anyone help with the colors?

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2008
  2. Half-a-dozen

Half-a-dozen Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2007
    NJ
    Brown ones are partridge color, black ones are prob. black.... and the lighter one with a lil yellow maybe blue..... Mine looked like those with same colors when chicks and feathered out to be those colors...Partidge, black and blue... [​IMG] cute chicks!

3. Break an Egg

Mar 17, 2008
    San Antonio
    Thanks, I've never had these before and the kids saw them today so, guess what we walked out of the feed store with? [​IMG]

4. Lanissa86

Lanissa86 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2008
    San Antonio, TX
    Aww! They are adorable!!! Guess I should stay away from Moores this weekend.... [​IMG] I would be in the same boat with all those cute fuzzy butts! I decided to hatch again though, so either way I am going to have cuties running around! [​IMG]

5. Break an Egg

Mar 17, 2008
    San Antonio
    Yeah I gotta stop bringing the kids with me when I go. I had to pick up DE though and they had been sold out of it for a week.

6. FlockEweFarm

FlockEweFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2008
    Flagstaff,AZ
    Hey! I have one of those with webbed feet as well! I thought I was the only one with a mutant chicken.LOL! I call my baby "Tilt" because when she was still a puff ball, she had a tendency to fall over, but now she is the fastest thing in the dooryard and my unabashed favorite. Her littermate? "Hulk" has normal feet, but he is tiny and not quite so full of attitude as my little girl.
    Her feet are really messed up, with complete webs all the way up the middle toes, and the toes bend in really badly, but she seems to have adapted really well to her malformation. I am glad she is a hen, that way she can be a pet, and we can eat the eggs, if she was a rooster I would have to either caponize or cull her to keep this from being passed on. Her mates runtyness is a worry, but he got short shrift in the brooder from the other chicks from the get go, so I think that might have something to do with it.
    I am glad to know Tilt isnt alone in the world.

7. dlhunicorn

dlhunicorn Human Encyclopedia

Jan 11, 2007
    T'he webbed toes can be separated though it would be best if a vet did this (very simple procedure with no anathesia involved )

Last edited: Jun 14, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by