baby cocker spaniel almost lost eye (rescued w/ pic)

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by BellLisamo, Aug 6, 2009.

1. BellLisamo

BellLisamo Diagnosed w/ Muscovitis

Feb 7, 2009
    Tombstone, AZ
    I am visiting my mom for the week, and when I walked in the door she was holding a fluffy cute cocker spaniel puppy. It didnt look older than 6 weeks old... Then I looked closer... it had stitches across its right eye. [​IMG]
    Come to find out, the puppy got to close to "daddy" when it was eating time, and he bit her. He caught her eye, and her eye actually fell out. They took her to my moms vet hospital. They didnt have the money to do any surgery, or to take the eye out. So they gave her to my mom. The Dr. there, said they may be able to save her eye, so he did surgery to put it back in. My mom told him to just take it out, but he insisted. What a tough pup. So here she is. She does play and kiss and wag her tail, so she is doing well. I pray her eye heals ok, and shes not in alot of pain. She doesnt have a name right now.

[​IMG]

please excuse my face. it was 630am when i took that picture LOL

Last edited: Aug 6, 2009
  2. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    Prayers for the little girl pup. She's very pretty despite the eye.

3. BellLisamo

BellLisamo Diagnosed w/ Muscovitis

Feb 7, 2009
    Tombstone, AZ
    Thank you! She is a cutie! She kisses and grunts and is too cute. She was too young to be taken from momma, but she seems to be eating and drinking well.

4. Chicks_N_Horses

Chicks_N_Horses Songster

Mar 30, 2009
    South Alabama
    Aww, bless her little heart! I love cockers! I used to have a black one named Milly.

Sending prayers for your little pup!!!!!!!!!!!

5. Isablahblah

Isablahblah Songster

Jul 7, 2009
    she is adorable hopefully she is okay!

6. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    For a name, how about "Cyclops"? Or would that be mean.... Yes it would. Forget that.

7. pips&peeps

pips&peeps There is no "I" in Ameraucana

Jan 18, 2008
    Newman Lake, WA
    Hopefully her eye will be ok. My mom's lhasa got ran into by their lab and his eye popped out of the socket.

The vet did surgery and put his eye back in and he has been fine ever since. It bulges a tiny bit more than the other one, but he can see and we don't have to address him as a pirate. [​IMG]

BTW: What a cutie.

8. Appytaz

Appytaz Songster

Jul 18, 2008
    Central Florida
    Hugs and Kisses to this sweet puppy! I have had 2 black and tan cockers. One passed at 17 yrs old - and the boy we have now is 8. I just love little cockers!

9. greenfamilyfarms

greenfamilyfarms Big Pippin'

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    Quote:Maybe call her CiCi for short? (Ironic, huh?) [​IMG] It looks like she is in good hands.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: