Baby Daryl needs help

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Baby Daryl, Jun 18, 2019.

1. Baby Daryl

Baby Daryl Hatching

Jun 18, 2019
    Has anyone ever had a baby hatch with neurological issues. Baby Daryl is 17 days old and when he hatch he couldn't walk and his head is constantly shaking unless he is at rest. If he is relaxed he doesn't shake but if he's try to eat or looking around his head is shaking. I took him to the the vet and she said definitely neurological. He was doing really good eating every 3-4 hours filling his crop full but the past 2 days does not seem to want to eat much. I have been giving him baby vitamins chick start soaked in water and baby chick probiotics. Today I picked up some baby bird formula a used a dropper to fill his little break from the tip and let him eat it down. Any other suggestions would be appreciated i.

BlueBaby and drumstick diva like this.
  2. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years.

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    The best I can suggest is to post on "Emergencies, diseases, injuries, cures," thread.

Hope they can help you, help him. Hoping for the best possible outcome.:hugs:fl

BlueBaby likes this.
  3. Fishkeeper

Fishkeeper Crowing

Oct 30, 2017
    Central Texas
    What species is he?
    Do you have any others?
    What are you keeping him in?
    Substrate?
    Heat source?
    What are you feeding?

You said "baby bird formula". Do you mean this is a pigeon? Because I'm pretty sure raising baby pigeons from the egg is extremely difficult to do properly.
    If he's not a pigeon, don't give him pigeon formula.

BlueBaby and drumstick diva like this.
  4. BlueBaby

BlueBaby Enabler

Hello, and welcome! Glad that you joined! I hope that you will be able to find some help for Daryl. I would post asking about the problem over in the "Emergencies, diseases, injuries, cure's" section as @drumstick diva suggested for you above.

drumstick diva likes this.
  5. Baby Daryl

Baby Daryl Hatching

Jun 18, 2019
    Baby chicken

6. Baby Daryl

Baby Daryl Hatching

Jun 18, 2019
    Daryl is a baby chicken, I have him in the house in a box under a light depends on how warm the house gets but he's been staying between 90-95 degrees I have left him a little warm for his age because of his being skinny and he doesn't seem to mind. He can move around just no balance. I am new to this for and still trying to figure out how it works and where to post. The formula is meant for baby parots I guess it's 22% protein the vet said it shouldn't hurt him I was just needing something that would b go through a dropper or seringe

7. CarpCharacin

CarpCharacin Cyprinus carpio

Aug 17, 2016
    Salt Lake City, UT
    My Coop
    I've moved your thread to the Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures section.

8. Baby Daryl

Baby Daryl Hatching

Jun 18, 2019
    Also there were two others that hatched with him that are perfectly normal

9. Baby Daryl

Baby Daryl Hatching

Jun 18, 2019
    Where do I find that section

10. CarpCharacin

CarpCharacin Cyprinus carpio

Aug 17, 2016
    Salt Lake City, UT
    My Coop
    There is a link to it on the forum list. I've already moved your thread there, like I said.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: