Baby Didnt Mak It!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by ashleylancaster, Jul 13, 2011.

1. ashleylancaster

ashleylancaster Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2011
    ALABAMA
    WELL THEIR NOT REALLY BABIES ANYMORE, BUT THEIR STILL MY BABIES. WENT OUT TO FEED AND WATER AND FOUND HIM CURLED UP IN THE CORNER. I WAS SO UPSET I CALLED MY MOM RIGHT THEN TO LET HER KNOW. ALL SHE COULD TELL ME WAS THAT SHE WAS SORRY. TOLD HER SHE HAD NOTHING TO BE SORRY FOR I WAS HERE AND COULDNT DO ANYTHING TO HELP. [​IMG] WELL THANKS FOR LISTENING TO MY RANTING AND RAVING JUST HAD TO GET IT OUT. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Jerseycoop

Jerseycoop Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2011
    New Jersey
    Aww so sorry for your loss [​IMG]

3. KristyHall

KristyHall Overrun With Chickens

Jan 27, 2011
    North Alabama
    [​IMG] it's hard to loose a pet

is this your first batch you ever raised?

4. fluffandpuffchicks

fluffandpuffchicks Out Of The Brooder

Jul 9, 2011
    Pennsylvania
    pets- your best friend in the whole world and yet most only live a couple years. I just had a horse pass away cause of a broken heart [​IMG] we had to put down his pasture mate, his best friend. I went into his field to check on him, he wasnt eating and he had a lump on his side and was kicking his stomach. Next night we get a call from the barn- Keyko is dead. I didn't wanna believe it but he coliced because we put his friend down for old age. He had his face in the hay but wouldn't eat. He didn't whinny when I got out of the car. He didn't walk over to me and his ears didn't perk up. His new pasture mate and more interest in me. I brushed him off cause he was muddy and I found a lump-I poked it he started to lift up his foot as if to kick his stomach. I did it again he did the same thing, but threw his head in the air. I stopped touching it walked out of his field and walked up to the arena to watch my sister ride. I had broken my foot and just got my cast off-I didn't think it was a good idea to ride. The vet came, Keyko was laying in the field on his side. They wanted to bury him behind the racetrack, with the barn owners favorite horses-and Keyko was one of them. He couldn't walk so the pulled him out of the field and the pasture mate started to colic to the point of us sedating him. They finally got him to stand up, they walked over behind the dirt mound and injected the needle. They closed his eyes and pulled the tarp over him. My best friend said she was there put couldn't bear to look. I couldn't stop crying long enough to look straight ahead and change into shorts and a t shirt to go to the barn. The next morning the animal removeal came and took Keyko away and as the truck left, every horse ran to the fence closest to the road and whinnied for Keyko. [​IMG] sorry I rambled on it just that Keyko was my best friend. Closer to me then most of my family and the one thing is I never got to say goodbye and it might sound stupid but I wanted him to die knowing I love him [​IMG] *snifle* alright I starting to cry so I hope you feel better about your lost baby and one day can talk about and not cry- cause I still cry over Keyko. Hope ya feel better [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by