Baby duck dead or alive?

Allieshoe1212

In the Brooder
Aug 29, 2021
Hello, so today is day 30 of my duck egg and yesterday I had noticed a bruise from the side/bottom. I was getting worried about it, and after doing further research I decided to try to help it. I peeled away a small but from the shell and membrane. ( I will insert a picture below)
8DA23760-9638-4542-A059-E56B388325D0.jpeg

Does this chick look, live and healthy or dead? This is my first time hatching eggs so I’m not sure what I should do. The breed is pekin or khaki. A little help please!!

cherrynberry

🍒❤️🐓🐐🐕
Premium Feather Member
Aug 2, 2020
California
Hello, so today is day 30 of my duck egg and yesterday I had noticed a bruise from the side/bottom. I was getting worried about it, and after doing further research I decided to try to help it. I peeled away a small but from the shell and membrane. ( I will insert a picture below) View attachment 2816355
Does this chick look, live and healthy or dead? This is my first time hatching eggs so I’m not sure what I should do. The breed is pekin or khaki. A little help please!!
Do you see movement? It looks dead to me, but I have only incubated chicken and quail eggs.

Top Bottom