1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

BABY DUCKIES

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by XmasDucklings, Dec 6, 2012.

1. XmasDucklings

XmasDucklings New Egg

Dec 6, 2012
    so i would just like to proudly share that i just placed my order for my 4 cayuga ducklings.. arrival date will be confirmed in 3-5 days.. so excited! and i hope my mom really wants them for christmas ~! if not i dont know what i will do with 4 ducklings. we already have a 2 year old baby boy and 2 puppies . our house is small and we live in a small town.

2. Going Quackers

Going Quackers Overrun With Chickens

May 24, 2011
    On, Canada
    I don't understand you bought ducklings for someone but you don't know if they even want them? [​IMG]

3. desertdarlene

desertdarlene Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2010
    San Diego
    It's generally not a good idea to buy animals for people as gifts, especially surprise gifts. Perhaps it's not too late to cancel the order and get her a gift certificate for ducklings instead. That way, she can choose what she wants and prepare for them. Ducklings need to have a warm, secure place and they need someone around most of the day to look after them.

If you can't cancel the order, plan to keep them yourself in case she can't keep them.

1 person likes this.
  4. elsfieldchickens

elsfieldchickens Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]
    ducklings are the cutest things!

5. AZCowboy

AZCowboy Out Of The Brooder

Dec 4, 2012
    Cute Christmas duckies.

6. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    This just makes no sense, has your mother ever said she'd like baby ducks? oh please ask her and if she says no cancel your order. what would you do with 4 Cayuga ducklings that need 24/7 care until feathered out and then even after that still need someone to care for them. We see way too many ducks that have been dumped in ponds and lakes around this country, and in the dead of winter wouldn't make it one hour. Sorry for ranting but this is just too much.

1 person likes this.
  7. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Easter/Christmas/Holiday 'pet gifts' are generally a BAD idea, and frequently result in neglected animals.

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by