BABY DUCKIES

XmasDucklings

Hatching
7 Years
Dec 6, 2012
so i would just like to proudly share that i just placed my order for my 4 cayuga ducklings.. arrival date will be confirmed in 3-5 days.. so excited! and i hope my mom really wants them for christmas ~! if not i dont know what i will do with 4 ducklings. we already have a 2 year old baby boy and 2 puppies . our house is small and we live in a small town.

I don't understand you bought ducklings for someone but you don't know if they even want them?
hu.gif

It's generally not a good idea to buy animals for people as gifts, especially surprise gifts. Perhaps it's not too late to cancel the order and get her a gift certificate for ducklings instead. That way, she can choose what she wants and prepare for them. Ducklings need to have a warm, secure place and they need someone around most of the day to look after them.

If you can't cancel the order, plan to keep them yourself in case she can't keep them.

so i would just like to proudly share that i just placed my order for my 4 cayuga ducklings.. arrival date will be confirmed in 3-5 days.. so excited! and i hope my mom really wants them for christmas ~! if not i dont know what i will do with 4 ducklings. we already have a 2 year old baby boy and 2 puppies . our house is small and we live in a small town.
This just makes no sense, has your mother ever said she'd like baby ducks? oh please ask her and if she says no cancel your order. what would you do with 4 Cayuga ducklings that need 24/7 care until feathered out and then even after that still need someone to care for them. We see way too many ducks that have been dumped in ponds and lakes around this country, and in the dead of winter wouldn't make it one hour. Sorry for ranting but this is just too much.

This just makes no sense, has your mother ever said she'd like baby ducks? oh please ask her and if she says no cancel your order. what would you do with 4 Cayuga ducklings that need 24/7 care until feathered out and then even after that still need someone to care for them. We see way too many ducks that have been dumped in ponds and lakes around this country, and in the dead of winter wouldn't make it one hour. Sorry for ranting but this is just too much.

Easter/Christmas/Holiday 'pet gifts' are generally a BAD idea, and frequently result in neglected animals.

Back
Top Bottom