1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

baby duckling tumor????? help plz

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by momofjohnjr, Jul 20, 2011.

1. momofjohnjr

momofjohnjr New Egg

Jul 20, 2011
    today I was given a baby duckling that someone "rescued"...well, it may have been a real rescue because I think the duckling has a tumor or something that is not right. I need some advice. Right now the duckling is who knows how old but very new and somewhat lethargic. I've been giving it a homemade electrolyte solution with tetracycline thru a dropper on the side of its beak but it doesn't want to open his mouth yet...anyway, I have attempted cleaning the spot etc. even giving the duckling a tiny bath in the antibiotic water...I even tweezed a few nasties away but I'm afraid I'm hurting him even though he doesn't object...so I am trying to take it easy... Thanks for any help you can give.

Oh, but before I post a pic, could someone tell me how? I also need to know if this one lives, when can it go outside and stay with the other ducks and chicken...I have 3 Pekins, 2 Rouens, and a beautiful chicken that I don't know what it is. They are all girls. (I'm a lucky duck- lol)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by