baby ducks got into dog food

Brook K

In the Brooder
Jul 8, 2015
Texas
I have two two week old pekins. They had free grange in my kitchen and I forgot to pick up the dogs food. I heard all the noisy so I went to investigate and sure enough there they were eating away. I rounded them up when one baby started flipping over backwards freaking my husband out! We want to know if they will be OK? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

They should be ok if they get plenty of water to drink and wash it down. She may have been choking on it and why she started acting oddly. Normally the birds would pick up the food then get some water to soften it up. That's why you need to keep food near water. If she has had a good drink and is acting better now then I wouldn't worry.

Thank you! They had two water bowls right next to the dog food bowls. They seem fine now. Cuddled up sleeping like two little angles when I know better.. More like two little devils lol! But I love em anyway!

Glad they're ok... when they're a bit older, you can let them have some as a treat... always water with it though... my Calls raid the cat food, lol...

Thank you! They had two water bowls right next to the dog food bowls. They seem fine now. Cuddled up sleeping like two little angles when I know better.. More like two little devils lol! But I love em anyway!

Glad to hear they are fine.
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom