duckspleasehelp

Hatching
Apr 15, 2018
i have a female peking and a male alyesbury. i went on vacation for 5 days and left someone to feed and water them. they didn’t take the eggs with them and i freaked out seeing 5 eggs in their nest when i got home. i immediately candled them and it looks like a few of them are fertile. me and my family do not want baby ducks and we don’t know what to do with the eggs. we can not sell them. PLEASE HELP FAST!! thanks!

You can just remove the eggs and dispose of them if you don't want ducklings. Depending how much/little your female sat on them, they likely aren't very developed if at all. The oldest egg in the clutch is not more than 5 days old, and at 5 days of development it might not be an egg you'd want to eat for breakfast, but it's nowhere near a duckling yet either.

You can just remove the eggs and dispose of them if you don't want ducklings. Depending how much/little your female sat on them, they likely aren't very developed if at all. The oldest egg in the clutch is not more than 5 days old, and at 5 days of development it might not be an egg you'd want to eat for breakfast, but it's nowhere near a duckling yet either.
okay thank you so much! when i candled them it looked like it had a circle with squiggly lines coming around them (veins)

ducky765.gif
sSig_welcome4.gif

To BYC

Back
Top Bottom