Baby Easter Eggers At Last

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by New2Peeps, Jun 4, 2008.

1. New2Peeps

New2Peeps Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2008
    Indiana
    I finally got my little chicks after a 4 week wait. My feed store had ordered 20 "ameracauna" pullets from Cackle that came in last Friday. I ran down to the store at the scheduled time only to discover that a man had come early and bought every single one of them--plus 30 other assorted pullets. I was very unhappy and the feed store personnel were apologetic and tacked on a 10 pullet order to their RIR order that arrived today. I ran down again and picked out 4 little EE cuties [​IMG] Now I am just hoping they really are all girls and can't wait to see what colors they turn out to be when grown. I got one that is a silver blue, another with a rusty red stripe down the back, the third is silver blue with that cute chipmunk coloring and number four is a deep brown, almost black little chipmunker. Any thoughts on how they will turn out?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. chick4chicks

chick4chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2008
    N.E. Pa.
    Congrats on the vert cute babies. Not sure of what color they will be but i am sure they will be beautiful. I am still waitin for my girls to grow up, they are 5-6 weeks old. Gotta love them. [​IMG][​IMG]:weee:ya

3. Lanissa86

Lanissa86 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2008
    San Antonio, TX
    From what I have been learning on EE, the grey one with a stripe might have lots of Silver in her when older and the gray with no stripe might be a "blue" EE! I love EE, never exactly know what you will get! Lets hope I was somewhat right on them! lol

4. New2Peeps

May 11, 2008
    Indiana
    They are really colorful little babies. The one with the red stripe is quite outgoing already and when I look into the brooder she runs up to the side and starts peeping. If I take the lid off she runs to my hand. Very inquisitive little character. I'll have to take pics as they grow up and watch the changing colors. I do hope the silver blue one stays blue and that they all grow up to be ladies!

5. TexasJoe

TexasJoe Taking a break

Mar 3, 2008
    The silver-blue is beautiful! Please post more pictures up if you get a chance.

6. New2Peeps

May 11, 2008
    Indiana
    I'll take some more pics when I have had them a week and post them. The little silver blue chick has wing feathers with light orange so she is going to be an interesting color.

I just wish it would stop raining here in the midwest. My chicken coop is under construction in the garage with all the pieces cut out but I can't get it outside and put it together because of all the storms. I might just have to build these little guys a real ark [​IMG]

7. TexasJoe

TexasJoe Taking a break

Mar 3, 2008
    I'm loving the silver-blue chipmunk!! any update pix?

8. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    I'd love to have a few silver-blues like that one... it's gorgeous.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by