1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Baby found his voice :(

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by jeaucamom, Dec 3, 2007.

1. jeaucamom

jeaucamom Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2007
    Ophir, CA
    Took the puppy out at 0630 and flipped the back porch light on (I am seriously scared of night critters) and Baby just starts to crowing.....like 10 times in a row!!! Pretty impressive for a first timer. But now he has to go!! Definitely can't have a roo where we are [​IMG] He just turned 15 weeks.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. lacyloo

lacyloo Cooped Up

May 26, 2007
    north florida
    hes adorable [​IMG]

3. jjthink

jjthink Overrun With Chickens

Jan 17, 2007
    New Jersey
    Gorgeous!
    I am harboring a roo myself in a residential neighborhood and it's not easy! Though I haven't heard him crow in weeks (the cold?). He and his hen friend sleep in an insulated coop inside a larger building and I let them out not until at least 8, unless I simply have toot be at work sooner. So far, so good, since theneighbors don;t hear crowing at all hours. He crowed a lot the first day in residence but not much since. That said, all roos are not created equal!
    Those feathers are just spectacular.
    JJ

4. tx_dane_mom

tx_dane_mom Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2007
    SE Texas
    what is he, besides beautiful?
    Kristi

5. jeaucamom

Oct 1, 2007
    Ophir, CA
    To the best of my knowledge, he is a silkie/cochin cross. And he must have the double frizzle gene cuz he has cords instead of feathers. He is SOOOO sweet and always has been. He is the only bantam we have and my blue cochin stays on the floor of the coop to lay on top of him at night. It is beyond cute. But my neighbors are NOT going to be happy with crowing. [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 3, 2007
  6. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

Crud...

7. lyndatu

lyndatu Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 13, 2007
    Congratulations on having a very beautiful roo [​IMG]

Too bad he has to go.......but that's ok

8. Farmer Kitty

Farmer Kitty Flock Mistress

Sep 18, 2007
    Wisconsin
    He's beautiful!

9. jeaucamom

Oct 1, 2007
    Ophir, CA
    What is wrong with this picture? I wake the roo up and he starts crowing.... Isn't he supposed to wake us up with his crowing???? LOL Hmmmm...... found myself walking on eggshells this am hoping just maybe yesterday was a fluke. But no.... He was crowing he little heart out again this morning even after the porch light got turned out. UGH!! Doesn't anyone need/want an adorable roo???

10. JenniferJoIN

JenniferJoIN Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 10, 2007
    Southern Indiana
    Our GLW roo hasn't figured out when he's 'supposed' to crow either. He'll crow if he hears us pull in at 10:00pm... or if he hears us opening the door at noon. I guess yours just likes to sleep in!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by