Baby goose dying

Eblast

In the Brooder
Sep 25, 2020
Sandown nh
One of my baby geese is dying she won’t hold her head up she can’t stand and won’t eat eyes are bloodshot

Last edited:
Oh, so sorry! I am not an expert but we got our first ducks (2) and a baby goose 2 years ago---All were about 3 or 4 days old at the time. We noticed after a few weeks that one of our ducklings could barely walk and was falling over. We quickly discovered that ducks and geese need Liquid B-12 and Niacin. We put the liquid B-12 in their water every day. (You dilute it and keep a container to add some to their water).
We immediately added (powdered) Pure Brewers Yeast to their food. We never thought our duckling would make it but she started to walk and stopped falling over within 48 hours of giving her the BREWER'S YEAST powder.
She had been just fine ever since. Keep giving B-12 in water for first year. I think we mixed the Brewers yeast powder into their food (just a couple spoonfuls) until they were just over 6 months old. They get 'All Flock food' from TS, so they don't need it now. They are all very healthy and happy. I would suggest you run out and get both these items today and give them to the little gosling ASAP. Cheap, and worth a try! Good luck!

cuteness copy 2.jpg

Oh, so sorry! I am not an expert but we got our first ducks (2) and a baby goose 2 years ago---All were about 3 or 4 days old at the time. We noticed after a few weeks that one of our ducklings could barely walk and was falling over. We quickly discovered that ducks and geese need Liquid B-12 and Niacin. We put the liquid B-12 in their water every day. (You dilute it and keep a container to add some to their water).
We immediately added (powdered) Pure Brewers Yeast to their food. We never thought our duckling would make it but she started to walk and stopped falling over within 48 hours of giving her the BREWER'S YEAST powder.
She had been just fine ever since. Keep giving B-12 in water for first year. I think we mixed the Brewers yeast powder into their food (just a couple spoonfuls) until they were just over 6 months old. They get 'All Flock food' from TS, so they don't need it now. They are all very healthy and happy. I would suggest you run out and get both these items today and give them to the little gosling ASAP. Cheap, and worth a try! Good luck!

View attachment 2683945
Thank you I did what you told me to do

Please let us know if it helps. Should see an improvement within a day or two. Could even be a few hours. I know it could be something else, but we really think the lack of Niacin (Brewer's Yeast) is the cause. Wishing you luck. The photo avatar is of our Pilgrim goose Mayflower. We love her so much! She loves opera, LOL! They steal your heart.

Back
Top Bottom