Baby goslings

Aimeeg1986

Chirping
Dec 28, 2020
Has anybody got a feeding schedule for goslings from day 1? There’s only information about what food to give not when and in what quality thanks

Goosebaby

Songster
Nov 10, 2019
Mine had access to food and water at all times except after bedtime. Food should always be kept fresh with access to fresh water, I was refilling their little bowls multiple times a day because they’d spill them or get them dirty. Some use self feeders and self waterers but I had mine in a small bin inside when they were tiny babies and the self feeders/waters were too big and messy for my setup at the time, they work well in a larger space, like in a baby pool.

Aimeeg1986

Chirping
Dec 28, 2020
Mine had access to food and water at all times except after bedtime. Food should always be kept fresh with access to fresh water, I was refilling their little bowls multiple times a day because they’d spill them or get them dirty. Some use self feeders and self waterers but I had mine in a small bin inside when they were tiny babies and the self feeders/waters were too big and messy for my setup at the time, they work well in a larger space, like in a baby pool.
Great thank you! I’ve read about grass cutting when they are a few days old but I have to provide grit? Does that just go in another bowl? Will they know to go to it? Thanks

Goosebaby

Songster
Nov 10, 2019
You can give chick grit, I’d give it in another bowl though I didn't need to give mine much grit until they were a few weeks old because I didn’t give grass cuttings, they just had their start, the only grass they had when they were younger was what they managed to snip off on their outings onto the lawn.
Personally I wouldn’t give grass clippings, some pieces of grass can be too big and long for them to swallow or digest properly and could lead to an impaction, whereas a piece they managed to chew off of a stem rooted into the ground will be just the right size.

Top Bottom