Baby guineas

blacklab789

Chirping
7 Years
Jul 4, 2014
So my great grandfather always raised guineas and would always tell me that if their heads did not turn white before first frost, that they wouldn't make it through winter. We live in the mountains of North Carolina so we see some rough winters. That being said, I am trying to raise some that I just hatched out of the incubator. Mainly because I didn't find my guinea nest until September. Anyone else ever heard this? And any tips on helping them make it to spring? Thanks!

So my great grandfather always raised guineas and would always tell me that if their heads did not turn white before first frost, that they wouldn't make it through winter. We live in the mountains of North Carolina so we see some rough winters. That being said, I am trying to raise some that I just hatched out of the incubator. Mainly because I didn't find my guinea nest until September. Anyone else ever heard this? And any tips on helping them make it to spring? Thanks!
I haven't heard that. If you are raising them in a brooder setting though and let them acclimate to the cold weather slowly, I think they should be fine.

Back
Top Bottom