"Baby Hueys" pics - update a week and 1/2 later

Discussion in 'Geese' started by Steve_of_sandspoultry, Jun 9, 2010.

1. Steve_of_sandspoultry

Steve_of_sandspoultry Overrun With Chickens

Does anybody remember that old cartoon? This is our first hatch of Toulouse for this year. They are still in a maturnity pen but at the rate they are growing it won't be long before they can explore the real world!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Steve

Last edited: Jun 19, 2010
  2. Goat_Walker

Goat_Walker I Am THE Crazy Duck Lady

Jul 9, 2008
    Maryland
    AWWW! I have three right now ( my first ) and even though i dont know what they are they make the CUTEST noises!!!

3. Steve_of_sandspoultry

They do talk to each other in their own way, both the gander and the 2 gooses will almost scold them if they come to close to me when i'm in there. lol

Steve

4. sydney13

sydney13 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2010
    Massachusetts
    [​IMG]
    they look just like my toulouse baby

5. Frogdogtimestwo

Frogdogtimestwo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2008
    Super cute, they just melt my defenses! I already want more, don't tell my hubby [​IMG]

6. solarquail

solarquail Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 27, 2009
    Virginia
    do you know genders yet?

7. TennesseeTruly

TennesseeTruly Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2009
    Church Hill, TN
    Too darn cute, Steve!!! I love them! And those baby noises....Melt my heart!

Laurie

8. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

so sweet. [​IMG] Enjoy them.

9. Steve_of_sandspoultry

Quote:Not yet I haven't sexed them. They will probably spend another week or 2 in the maturnity pen to grow out some more then i'll see who is what before they go out with the rest of the gang. Our main pens aren't covered so the bigger the Hueys get the better.

Steve

10. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    They are so cute [​IMG] I have 1 toulouse gosling, 'he' (I think) is about 6 weeks old or so. About half the size as the adult geese, and has quite a few feathers on the back and wings. Chatterbox ('his' name) is such a lover, always comes up to me to say hello when I'm out in the yard [​IMG] Their 'parents' (pair of embdens I recently bought, along with a toulouse that I suspect is a gander) have recently started taking Chatterbox and Little One (african baby, also about 6 weeks old) to the pond, it is so neat watching them in there [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by