Baby Lionheads

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by texaschickmama, Mar 29, 2009.

1. texaschickmama

texaschickmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Poolville, TX
    They are 5 wks old and so cute.

This is Princess (my 3 yr old daughter named her)
    [​IMG]

This is Star (she has a star on her head)
    [​IMG]

I had to travel about 1 and 20 minutes to get these cuties. It is so funny though, the guy I got them from sounded so country on the phone and when he told me he lived 1 mile from the Galleria in North Dallas (snob central) I thought it was strange. Well, when I get to his house, beautiful, he meets me with torn jeans, long johns underneath, and just a real nice guy. He had rabbits in his backyard and chicks in his garage. It just cracked me up. I said to him I can't believe you have all this in the city, like a little city farm. He laughed and said he was raised in the country and when he married a Corporate lawyer he had to move to the city, so he was making the best of it, just really cracked me up. Anyway, what a nice guy.

2. morelcabin

morelcabin Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2007
    Ontario Canada
    Awww! Too cute!

3. cluckychick

cluckychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2008
    South of KCMO
    Aww....those are soooo cute [​IMG]

4. allaboutdemchicks

allaboutdemchicks Chapel Farms

Sep 13, 2008
    Jemison, AL
    Oh goodness, my daughter would want to sleep with those two at night.....the chicks are bad enough!! Thank you for sharing!!!

[​IMG] [​IMG]

5. lil'chickies

lil'chickies Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2009
    West Texas
    Sounds like a country boy in the city missing the country!! [​IMG] I know some people like that. Loaded with money and you would think it was a bum on the street if you didn't know it. Very cute fluffy bunnies!!

6. texaschickmama

texaschickmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Poolville, TX
    lil'chickies :

Sounds like a country boy in the city missing the country!! [​IMG] I know some people like that. Loaded with money and you would think it was a bum on the street if you didn't know it. Very cute fluffy bunnies!!

It was just so funny because he looked as out of place as I felt in his own house. They had company and from the smell the wine was heavy. They also had a scuba instructor there teaching them,
    [​IMG] I don't know why this cracked me up so much be it did. His little girl crawled right into an empty rabbit hutch to hold a baby rabbit -- it was so cute. I think she had done that before. [​IMG]

7. lil'chickies

lil'chickies Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2009
    West Texas
    That would be a very cute picture!! Sounds like fun!!

8. cutiepieacres

cutiepieacres Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 20, 2009
    S. CA
    Super cute, I Love baby bunnies! Just keep a close eye on them 5 weeks is a little young to be away from mom. Make sure they are eating and drinking and make sure theyhave plenty of fresh grass hay!

9. Poulets De Cajun

Poulets De Cajun Overrun With Chickens

I've often thought of getting a few lionheads, and/or jersey woolies. Rabbits seem to be a big thing in our part of the world.

10. FrizzleFreak

FrizzleFreak Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] Star looks almost exactly like my bunny did at 5 weeks (she's a blue tort by the way, in case you ever need to know that)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by