Baby mallards.

Patterson

Hatching
Oct 10, 2018
I have 2 mallard eggs that did not start incubating at the same time nor can I figure out how far along they are. I have figured out that they are around 21 22 and maybe 25 0r 26 days. When should I go about doing the lockdown if they are at different stages and also need different temps

Patterson

Hatching
Oct 10, 2018
I have mallard eggs in incubator. Incubation did not start at the same time. I have no idea how many days we are at. My guess from candling one is around 22- 23 days? And the other 25-26?. One is definitely farther along. What do I do about lockdown and temp change? Movement in both eggs. But afraid to keep touching.

ChickenLeg

Crowing
9 Years
Feb 15, 2012
Id treat humidity and temp as if they both are on day 25 or 26, but keep rotating the younger one for 2 more days then it'll be in lock down too. I think thatd be your best bet

Patterson

Hatching
Oct 10, 2018
Thanks! Now my incubator does not have an humidity gauge. I have to put water in every 2-3 days. Any suggestions for accurate humidity? Again thanks I've been racking my brain for 2 day now trying to research this with no results.

Top Bottom