Baby Muscovy

iloveducks

In the Brooder
8 Years
Aug 1, 2011
Just got a baby muscovy duckling yesterday. It is so cute. I have a 5 month old pekin and he was very hyper and messy as a baby and the new baby is not messy and very calm. I was wondering if it is just the breed. Biscuit is my pekin and the new baby's name is Muffin. I'd love any feed back about Muscovy ducks.

Yup that's how they are. They don't tend to play in their water like the other ducks. And they are really mellow. I've heard of Scovies wanting to be petted and sitting in peoples laps. Mine won't do that but they do eat out of my hand. Good luck with your new little one! Post pics if you get a chance.

Sounds adorable, you should share a picture
wink.png
I find mine are pretty water messy but i cannot compare to another breed as that is all we have..

I have 2 and only one of them will even get in their pool. Nacho, my swimmer, will run from me but if I catch him and hold him he will lay his head on my shoulder and rub his bill in my hair and on my face.
love.gif

Well baby Muffin is still being very neat with the water. I got him at about 4 days old. I hope he will still imprint on me somewhat. He is going to be a house duck and wear diapers like his Pekin brother Biscuit. He is very sweet. I put him in warm water at night for a bath like I did with Biscuit, but he doesn't really care much for it. He cleans himself and then is ready to get out. I use to have to take Biscuit out cause he would start sinking. They really are like night and day the difference between the two so far. How long does it take before you know if he will be male or female? What do I need to look for? Right now his fluff is carmel and yellow. The lady that I got him from said that the dad was black and white speckled and the mom was a cinnamon.

Back
Top Bottom