Baby not feeling well and don't know what to do.

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by nurserygirl01, Oct 20, 2008.

1. nurserygirl01

nurserygirl01 New Egg

Oct 20, 2008
    Forest Hill, LA
    I have a baby that is 10 weeks old and is just mooping around like it does not feel good. Could someone tell me what might be the problem? The other ones are doing fine.[​IMG]

2. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Can you provide us with a little more info.? Is she eating/drinking? How do her stools look? Any discharges from the beak, nostrils. Any sneezing?

3. spook

spook Chillin' With My Peeps

Is she standing, cold feet, beak and head in almost vulture looking? Are her droppings watery or do they look like uncooked sausage in a casing? Do you see blood? If this sounds about right, do a search on Cocci. there is a wealth of info here but you have to litterally spell things out and honestly, someone has been there.
    Good luck!! Hope your baby is well, give it water and a bit of sunlight for some added warmth.

4. nurserygirl01

nurserygirl01 New Egg

Oct 20, 2008
    Forest Hill, LA
    She passed away. Found her when I got home from work. I had noticed her poop was real runny and she was not eating. She would drink. We have a heat lamp to keep them warm. I am just worried that the other ones might get sick. [​IMG]

5. lovemychix

lovemychix Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 14, 2008
    Moulton Iowa
    Sorry about your hen. [​IMG]
    I had one just pass recently and all the others are healthy...just keep an eye on them.

6. nurserygirl01

nurserygirl01 New Egg

Oct 20, 2008
    Forest Hill, LA
    Did you give the others anything as a precation? Vit., antibiotics or worming med?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by