Baby Pheasant

sundowner

Chirping
6 Years
Apr 19, 2013
Has anyone ran into this problem.I hatched out some ringnecks a couple of wks ago and one of them just started getting a crooked neck.I feed them a high protein starter and greens as a treat.Is there anything I can do to correct this

I've had this problem a while back with a chicken. I held him a lot in a position where his neck was straight. I fed him plain yogurt with starter feed in it. I crunched up some vitamin D tablets and mixed it in the yogurt. If your baby pheasant has crooked neck so bad that it can't eat and drink on its own, you will have to feed it yourself and give it water by dipping a cotton swab or the tip of your finger in some water and touching it on the little guy's beak. Crooked neck can be cured. It just takes lots of time and effort.

That's for the information,will try it.The pheasant eats and drinks just fine this started when it was 2wks old and this is the only one with a crooked neck.

same here, wth chukar, i think it was developed by bad positioning in the egg, progressed during the early stages of a hatched chick, and it died

Back
Top Bottom