Baby photoshoot ***Pic HEAVY***

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Cetawin, Jul 24, 2008.

1. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    Yesterday I did a partial photo shoot of the new girls (22), today I will get the others (BO, Salmon Faverolle and Golden Buffs). The girls were 2 days old yesterday and are from Meyer Hatchery. [​IMG] Here they are in their first appearance on BYC:

My only Dominque named Domino:

[​IMG]

Two RIRs named Padma and Pavarti:

[​IMG]

Ameraucana named Cruella because of her face markings....DD said she looked like a villianness:

[​IMG]

Cruella with her unnamed sister:

[​IMG]

Cruella and both her unnamed sisters:

[​IMG]

Our solo Partridge Rock suffering from flash shock and looking pretty:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Another BA yet unnamed (that brings our total BA count to 8)

[​IMG]

Our Only Gold Laced Wyandotte named Goldielocks "Goldie":

[​IMG]

Blue Cochin named Luna:

[​IMG]

Luna showing off her blue tint:

[​IMG]

Red Cochin named Ruby:

[​IMG]

Ruby again:

[​IMG]

Today I will get pictures of our 2 BOs, 5 Salmon Faverolles and 4 Golden Buffs. It looks as if I may lose one of little Faverolles. She is not doing too good...standing around sleeping constantly. I have been giving her vitamins, boiled egg and trying to feed her often. I just do not think she is thriving but I will give her every chance.

Now my total is 33. So I am good till next year I do believe. hehehehehe

Last edited: Jul 24, 2008
  2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Great pics! The little one who isn't thriving, sometimes it happens. Sooner or later, they must start taking initiative and there's nothing much you can do if she wont. You're doing the right thing, so hopefully, she'll perk up for you.

3. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    Oh they're adorable! Love the HP names too [​IMG]

4. Acre of Blessings

Acre of Blessings Canning/Sewing Addict

Apr 3, 2008
    Axton, VA
    I LOVE RUBY SO MUCH I JUST TOLD MY 3 KIDS ABOUT HER

5. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    Thanks Cyn. I am trying very hard but it is up to her now too. If I lose her I will consider myself lucky...1 loss in 33 babies so far would not be bad.

How is Zane? How is your dad?

6. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    Quote:Thanks so much. These are my first cochins and I really love them...they are very friendly, so are the faverolles. Ruby looks like a huge fuzzy ball nect to the others. Too cute!

7. lovemychicks9

lovemychicks9 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2008
    South Carolina
    Oh so very sweet! They are adorable, I love the cochins, can not believe the fuzzy on the feet already. I love your names for all of them too. So ---- how many do you think will stalk you out the back door and on to the porch when they are bigger? Trudy [​IMG]

8. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    Quote:I promised DD that we would use HP names with these girls sooooooo. I am still watching them to see who will get named Hermione and Minerva. hehehehehe

9. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    Quote:Thanks! I am thinking that Goldie and/or Luna will be the stalkers. They have already started. But this is really a very friendly group, they all come running to my hand and hop on up so time will tell who the real stalkers will be. I am not sure any can be as bad as Speckles...she still does it at 17 weeks old. hahahahaha Caught her in the kitchen yesterday following me. Aparently DD left the brooder open and out she came.

10. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Zane is about the same, still hanging in there. Guess dad is too, but I live 2 hrs away from him, so dont have daily access.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by