Baby pics - almost a week old

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Crazy4Chicks, Mar 31, 2008.

1. Crazy4Chicks

Crazy4Chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2007
    Glendale, AZ
    Here are my little TS banty's we got them on Weds - they are already getting some pretty wing feathers....

I got them sand from out of the chicken run - this sand was in the sun and it was nice and warm ..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

this little cochin thought the shavings would make a great dust LOL

[​IMG]

same baby -- put the wing feathers are not coming in very nice they kinda "wing out" is this normal ??

[​IMG]

this baby has been trying to use "her " little wings and has been "flying " around the brooder

[​IMG]

this is my favorite one ( dont tell the others ) I am REALLY REALLY hopeing this is a pullet

[​IMG]

well those are my baby's - I am going to TS again weds when they get in some of the standard size breeds - so these fuzzybutts might get a few new room-mates plus I got a coupon from TS if I buy 6 chicks I get a waterer for free - hate to waste a good coupon LOL [​IMG]

Julie

2. Cheep Mama

Cheep Mama Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2008
    Michigan
    cute pics! Our farm store is getting a new order in tomorrow, so that means I'll probably come home with a few. They are addictive!!

3. Crazy4Chicks

Crazy4Chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2007
    Glendale, AZ
    last time I had chicks we had 20 at one time-- they were great fun to watch and as adults I still love to watch them, but I have to admit these 6 little banty's are just full of enery and life and are great little baby's I love them.
    they love to climb in my hand everytime I need to change the water or food.
    they will play themselves into a coma- run around like crazy than all of a sudden fall over and sleep with thier little faces in the shavings.

I am having so much funwith these little gals - I cant wait to see them outside for the first time.

I hope the little cochin with the wing feathers that are growing in wierd - grows out of that and she gets nice feathering.

Julie

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by