1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Baby Pics*** First hatch

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by spowell, Sep 28, 2011.

1. spowell

spowell Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2011
    Rocky Point, NC
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

These chicks are my first hatch [​IMG] I set 9, 7 made it to lockdown, 2 hatched Monday and 2 on Tuesday. I have 3 left. The hatch date for all of them is Today! I had some come early much to my suprise [​IMG] This has been the coolest experience ever. My 17 year old daughter got to see one hatch before she left for school this morning. It popped out of the shell in a matter of minutes after zipping. She said "OMG...it's all wet!" I asked her if she thought they popped out all dry and fuzzy? She replied with "That's what I thought until NOW, EWWWWWW" [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    Wonderful! You've had good success then! Congratulations!

3. Animalrescue

Animalrescue New Egg

Aug 11, 2011
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] Those are sooo cute. U are a very lucky person. one question. Are those from the store?[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]:ya:jumpy:bun:sick:plbb:thumbsup:tongue:mad::rant:woot:frow:fl:hugs:lau

4. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

Awwwww....congratulations!! [​IMG]

6. Gypsy07

Gypsy07 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2010
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Ooh, these are the Jap ones you were worried about not losing enough moisture, right? Looks like you did okay with them then!

7. spowell

Apr 26, 2011
    Rocky Point, NC
    Quote:They are Japanese Bantams I got from a local lady. I also have 40 Silkie and Sizzles going into lockdown tonight. I can't wait [​IMG] This has got to be worse than a Crack addiction [​IMG] It' so exciting!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 28, 2011
  8. Gypsy07

Gypsy07 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2010
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Quote:[​IMG]

9. Goblnfvr

Goblnfvr Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 4, 2011
    Midland Ont. Canada
    Congratulations!!!

I am just waiting for a call from my daughter to let me know mine have hatched also. They pipped last night around 7:30pm and they are still rocking away and making cracks.

10. spowell

Apr 26, 2011
    Rocky Point, NC
    Quote:So far, so good. I am so grateful for all the great info I got from BYC. My success is due to everyone's ideas and input. I did however, have to deal with spraddled legs yesterday. Quick and easy fix with Band-aid. But not so easy to do by yourself [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by